Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Chasing Cars...

There's a fine line between discernment and a hunch - between a good feeling and the right one. 

I watched the dog that i swerved to miss tonight chase my car for a solid three blocks. (i might not have swerved if it were a cat) 

*bright lights+ fast sounds = fun! i want it i want it i want it!* 

I wonder how many times a situation i was chasing just barely missed me, and i've stood knocked senseless before when it didn't wondering what just hit me. The point is, in retrospect i can see that i never sought out the highest council that i knew i had at my disposal. I never used the discernment that i knew i had. 

 *bright lights+ fast sounds = fun! i want it i want it i want it!* 

Never thinking about what i would do when i actually caught up to it and realized that the situation was not at all what i thought it to be when it was fast passing. But this time...? This time i'm realizing that God never meant for me to stand on the side watching everything i wanted racing by and hoping that i could reach out fast enough and hold on tight. Those, before, were for someone else. On their way to their recipient, and discernment over instinct could've told me that. 

This time i move slower. This time i'm looking for more. This time i carry it gently, because our hearts break so easily these days. This time i see a signature i recognize marking situations that do more than just feel good. 

And all this shot through my mind in three fast passing blocks while watching a dog chase a car.

No comments: