Tuesday, November 4, 2008

When the Air Gets Colder...

I love it. I love this time of year and the anticipation of long coats and scarfs. And so i'm sitting here thinking of where i was last year at this point... not the best of places. And then thinking of where i am am this year... hmm. It seems like there's a cycle that creeps up on me each year. October always sets the scene, November's always got me singing December's love song, and January always brings some beautiful twist to kick me in the teeth. And the eyes... there's always some gorgeous set of eyes on my mind that have way too much say in how my days go. Never the same pair, but there's always some perfect, unattainable, over-idealized set of eyes... It's the eyes that get me. 

I hate that last part.

I hate that it's a part of, what it seems, is my cycle. But still i'm waiting to see if this year comes through for me like every other. Waiting to see if January comes again, and when it does will it bring a new pair to make me think they're the first pair? Will they trip me up just like the last? Will i even stand a chance against them? I never seem to. Then again i never try to. I do fall in love pretty easily... something i should work on, and something that's being worked on for me.

So here we go. Line 'em up and let's see what they have to say. Let's see how many albums can be inspired by the next one. I could use some inspiration and if i've made it out alive the past few times i'll make it out next time. 

Wait... what's this? Here we go again.

No comments: